Accounting – Bookkeeping
FLSA Status - Full-Time Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives all invoices; records and writes checks for account payable (to be signed by CEO).
- Post payroll and other non-check bank withdrawals to QuickBooks.
- Performs all accounting, bookkeeping, and reconciliation functions, such as checks and company credit cards.
- Follows through on requests from CEO / Administration for reports and financial information.
- Keeps QuickBooks current and ready for the Income Tax CPA at year end.
- Arranges for annual audits with firm selected by CEO.
- Monthly meetings with the CEO to review tasks.
- May be required to work evening or weekend hours for special events.
- Reports to work on time, notifying CEO and Executive Assistant via pre-determined method if delayed or ill.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands, speaks, reads, and writes English
- Must have at least an associate degree in accounting or related field or two years of prior experience in position for which they are applying preferred
- Experienced in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciliation functions
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, QuickBooks
- Competent and proficient in using job-related equipment (e.g., computer, copy machine, applicable financial-related software)
- Must be trust worthy, honest, and emotionally mature
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented
- Able to exercise strong emotional intelligence
- Able to deal pleasantly and courteously with all employees, contractors, consultants, administration, guests, and the general public
- Able to reason and think through the work process and solve problems in a timely manner
- Must attend staff meetings as notified
- Must be a legal California driver, which involves license and insurance, etc., and eligible to be covered by the company insurance
Work week is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
TO APPLY, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE LINK BELOW: