Our client, a well established construction related company located and working in the Central Valley of California is actively looking to add a talented and dynamic Controller to their organization. This is a newly created position in a well developed department that will report to the CFO as part of a long term succession plan. The long term goal of this position will be to move into the CFO role within a five year time frame.
The successful candidate will have a broad range of experience in technical accounting and reporting, the understanding of operations and how to interact with all department managers to ensure not only accurate financial reporting, but participate in general advancement an process improvement company wide. This is a hands on technical role consisting of month end close, financial statement preparation, budget creation, reporting and analysis, WIP analysis, and forecasting and planning. It is also a highly viable role will all departments and will play an interactive cross functioning role in the strategic decision making for the organizations future.
KEY ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE:
- Business Planning: Demonstrated involvement in working with key managers on project reviews and business planning.
- Risk Management: Demonstrated risk management experience including contracts and insurance.
- Streamline: Demonstrated streamlining of cross-functional processes leveraging technology.
- Team Leadership: Demonstrated team leadership including recruiting and management.
- Industry Involvement: Demonstrated industry involvement and relationships including bank management, CPA’s, surety, insurance, and more.