Our client is a premier Kern County employer seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper for a full-time, high volume, fast paced organization that requires a high level of detail, confidentiality and integrity. This is a direct hire role with exceptional benefits, company culture, and work life balance.
Essential Job Duties
Billing and Accounts Receivable
- ·Process Daily deposits, carefully applying payments to Clients for General and Trust Bank Accounts
- ·Run Conflict verification on potential clients and existing clients
- ·Set Up New Clients
- ·Process Settlement Distributions, verifying all items for accuracy.
- ·Process and Enter Credit Card Transactions
- ·Compile Trust Account Checks
- ·Process Monthly Billing Invoices for Clients including importing costs, compiling, distributing and correcting Work-In-Process reports, and finalizing and generating and distributing client bills.
- ·Research ad-hoc requests regarding Billing
- ·Obtain invoice approvals as needed prior to entry in accounting system
- ·Enter invoices and check requests in accounting system carefully recording Vendor, Invoice Details, Client, Matter and General Ledger Codes
- ·Distribute, collect back and process monthly credit card batch
- ·Follow-through to completion of daily, weekly and monthly check batches including printing checks, obtaining signatures, envelope stuffing and mailing, scanning of invoices and checks, etc.
- ·Work collaboratively with employees, partners and vendors to accomplish the goals of the company
- ·Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience
- ·High School diploma, Associates Degree or higher preferred
- ·A professional attitude that embodies integrity, accuracy and confidentiality
- ·Willingness to see tasks and projects through to completion
- ·1-3 years with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word (intermediate level)
- ·1-3 years full-cycle AR & AP experience
Preferred skills and experience
- ·3+ years full-cycle Bookkeeping experience
- ·1+ years law office experience