Our client, a leader in landscape development, is currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Account Manager to add to their dynamic organization. The success achieved at our maintenance sites is directly related to how the Maintenance Account Manager conducts his or her job responsibilities. When the Account Manager performs properly, all the sites on his routes are well maintained and consistently attractive and trouble free. Labor and equipment are utilized efficiently and the affairs and representation of the company in the field are performed professionally.
A combination of work experience and formal education in Landscape construction or six years of experience in the Maintenance/Landscape industry.
US Citizen or possess valid permit with documentation.
Has a valid California State Driver’s License and good driving record.
Must have a basic working knowledge of the following:
- Soil preparation techniques, treatments and amendments.
- Tree and shrub planting, care, pruning, trimming, and guy wiring.
- Proper usage and handling of chemical and fertilizers.
- Proper methods of moving, edging, trimming, and weed abatement.
- Color, ground cover and vine planting and care.
- Landscape design concept, plant usage and function.
- Irrigation and drainage systems installation and troubleshooting.
- Installation, operation, and programming of controllers, valves and sprinkles.
- Must be physically healthy to support a considerable job load.
- Must have estimating skills.
- Spanish language ability is helpful.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following responsibilities listed are examples of the work typically performed by an Account Manager in this position:
- Perform job functions timely and efficiently.
- Possess a thorough understanding of landscape maintenance principles and irrigation techniques.
- Has a complete understanding of the site design concept and works closely with the client’s onsite representatives to continue the owner’s public presentation desires.
- Able to read and interpret plans and specifications and to perform materials takeoff from plans and specifications. Able to order any material as needed for installation.
- Delegate daily assignments to laborers and Maintenance Crew Foremen. Provide direction and onsite coordination as needed to maintain highest levels of productivity and to complete the job within labor budget.
- Oversee and review irrigated lines and fertilize aggressively.
- Assure compliance and adherence with plans and owner’s concept.
- Conduct One Minute Manager inspections. Provides safety materials and equipment to the crews, such as earplugs, dust masks, goggles, gloves, vests, barriers, markers, etc.
- Assure the proper maintenance of all assigned vehicles, equipment and tools in proper working condition and keep them clean and presentable.
- Know how to operate and ensures safe and efficient use of all equipment/tools in the field.
- Professionally represent the company at all times and in all meetings in the field or while operating company vehicles.
- Oversee proper, adequate watering of all assigned sites.
- Maintain and manage accurate timecards for payroll for payroll for each employee who works under his/her supervision.
- Check out tools ass needed and reports needed maintenance or repairs. Secure those hand tools assigned to him/her free from theft or loss and in safe and efficient working order.
- Assess and properly field bills extra scope items of work that may occur on site.
- Attend Safety and Training meeting.
- Wear Company uniform during each day’s work and ensure compliance by all workers under his/her supervision.
- Report to the Maintenance Division President regularly.
- Accept responsibility, overall, for all operations and levels or performance and accuracy for his/her joist.
- Arrive on time for work and all meeting relating to his/her position. Set an example for all coworkers.
- Maintain accurate fuel allowance records and turn in weekly all fuel and job related receipts, shipping tickets, and invoices.
- Understand and implement company policy and procedures.
TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE FOLLOWING LINK: