Operations Finance Manager – Packing Operations
Provide technical expertise and advice on financial issue to Operations Managers to help them develop expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities. Responsible for overseeing Operations system flows and procedures. Lead direct, develop and evaluate financial staff to ensure the organization’s accounting activities are conducted in accordance to company guidelines.
- Responsible for plant adherence to GAAP
- Oversee month end close procedure
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end reporting, including annual budgets and forecasts
- Compile and analyze financial reports. Makes presentation to Management team when required
- Provide financial analysis and oversight of capital investments and cash flow requirements
- Provide analytical support to management team as required
- Maintain Accounting rules updated in ERP set ups database
- Manage staff performance
- Effectively communicate with staff and develop a cross train program
- Participate in weekly plant management meetings
- Assist plant management in preparing KPI (weekly, monthly, seasonal)
- Provide system training and support to Ops team
- Spend time on production floor to enhance understanding of processes
- Responsible for operations data management. Active participant in system enhancements. Point of contact for production finance team and ERP re-implementation team
- Review labor and pack material variances and provide feedback to plant personnel on a weekly basis
- Responsible for fruit flow inventory from receiving up sales
- Track shrinkage of fruit and pack materials at a low transaction type level
- Works with production management team to review overhead spending and identify saving opportunities
- Challenge and advise plant directors on cost and cost containment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must be highly proficient in Excel (include pivots, lookups, VB desired) and have ability to use Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Able to manage large raw databases
- Must be a self-starter that is highly motivated, deadline and detail oriented, and understand a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with time management and ability to be self-directed
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to control large budgets and multiple plants
TO APPLY, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE LINK BELOW: