Do you love the wine industry? Are you an accountant living in the Paso Robles area? Then don't miss this opportunity to work for amazing people and love what you do. This is a direct hire immediate opportunity for a talented accounting professional in the Paso Robles area. Qualified candidates can apply below.
General Description: Perform accounting functions that maintain the general ledger, process payroll and related functions and perform duties and analyses that support Company operations.
- General Ledger
1. Maintain the accuracy of the general ledger, and according to GAAP, that reflect the financial transactions and position of the Company.
2. Maintain account analyses as needed and requested by management.
3. Perform periodic, monthly, quarterly and annually, financial record “close” functions.
4. Develop and initiate standard periodic journal entries, that is, journal entries that are necessary every month, as required.
5. Develop and initiate general journal entries, that is, journal entries that are necessary to record when a non-repetitive or unique financial transaction occurs.
6. Maintain chart of accounts and account descriptions; and communicate to management.
7. Prepare financial statements and reports, in comparison to budgeted or planned amounts, as needed by management, and distribute appropriate financial statements and reports to management on a monthly basis.
- Payroll & Related
1. Maintains payroll files.
2. Oversee and communicate salary, work hours, pay rates and all relevant payroll information to the contract payroll processor.
3. Insure the timely filing of returns, tax payment and W-2 processing.
4. Maintain all payroll deductions and additions, including federal and state garnishments, employee medical and dental deductions, 401(k) deductions and auto allowances.
5. Code payroll according to appropriate work codes, classes, customers and jobs, as directed.
6. Record payroll into the General Ledger.
7. Maintain, process and record other payroll related functions and invoices including but not limited to workers compensation, health benefits and payroll taxes.
- Accounts Receivable, Invoicing and Collections
1. Wholesale Sales
a. Customer set up and maintenance, including credit review.
b. Purchase Order management and tracking, including review, approval and coordination with and shipping.
c. Invoice preparation and mailing.
d. Management of A/R portfolio including customer communications and collection processing.
e. Record all sales related financial transactions into the general ledger, including the invoice, credits, cost of sales and any related assessments, taxes or fees.
To apply, please use the link below: