The CNC Programmer Shop Lead will perform the following for our Client.
- Program Mill and/or lathe manufacturing equipment and define processes from design stage through the final production manufacturing. Possesses a solid understanding of machining, tooling, and computer aided manufacturing systems.
- Analyze drawings, Solid Models, and sketches to determine dimensions and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, machine speeds and feed rates according to shop processes, customer specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Prepare operation instruction sheets, geometric layouts to outline sequence of operations, and cutter setup to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge CNC machine tool capabilities and tooling in order to provide continuous process improvements, quality improvements, and cost reductions.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities
- Ability to take direction from owner.
- Ability to give written and verbal instructions to the machinist
- Ability to work from verbal instructions and minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and takes pride in consistently delivering products that meets or exceeds specifications