Our client, a well-respected tree nut grower and processor focused on exports.
Responsible for overseeing the credit granting process for the company. Optimize company sales and reduce bad debt losses by maintaining the credit policy.
- Reviewing and updating the company’s credit policy.
- Researching and evaluating customer's credit worthiness (both domestic and international)
- Researching, validating and authenticating future customer identity
- Manage customer onboarding and setup and continuing maintenance
- Develop, review and update our company’s credit policies
- Monitor payments and aging; working to minimize DSO and contacting customers per credit policy regarding aged receivables
- Monitor cash against documents efficacy (especially for international shipments)
- Interface with appropriate parties to help resolve cash against documents issues
- Primary liaison with risk management agencies
- Ensure that existing customers are in good standing by conducting periodic reviews
- Build and maintain relationships with collection agencies, credit reporting agencies, and insurance providers.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a Credit Manager, Credit Analyst or similar roll
- Experience in international shipping
- Experience in handling and resolving issues around cash against documents
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Banking and Finance or relevant field
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to create and process financial excel spreadsheets
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment; with start-up and corporate experience preferred
- Team player with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Project Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Time Management.
Commensurate with experience. Exceptional benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, retirement, and daycare benefits.