The human resource director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. The human resources director will use a compassionate leadership style that values human connection, authenticity, equality, independence, flexibility and empathy. The human resources director will be: focused on the big picture as well as the details; help supervisors and managers develop themselves and their teams to be better as people and professionals; be responsible for developing HR strategies and providing sound advice to the Executive Board; and work with the Executive Board to develop an organizational culture that is committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom and passion.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the President, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
- Work effectively with both non-union and union employees (with protected concerted activities and labor rights).
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position may ultimately manage a department and will be responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate for this position must have a high level of professionalism and organization. The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Business Acumen. Keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a "business situation" (risks and opportunities) in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Critical Evaluation. Ability to show the essence of something by breaking it down into its component parts, examining each part in detail and explaining issues
- Dedication to Mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish is preferred but not required. Comfort addressing a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor.
- Global and Cultural Awareness. Ability to understand how environmental, social, cultural, economic and political factors impact the world, and how other people's cultural values, beliefs and perceptions might differ from yours.
- Leadership and Navigation. Ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization.
- Relationship Management. Ability to maintain a continuous level of engagement with the company's Leadership Team, front-line supervisors, employees, and others and create strategic partnerships.
- Can do attitude. The embodiment of a personal spirit that promotes confidence, courage and risk-taking.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Requires ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and area. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and four to six years of HR management experience, or ten years of HR management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- A master's degree in human resource management or related field.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) OR Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
- Previous experience working with unionized employees.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CULTURE
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- We believe a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity is more than a legal and moral obligation - it is also sound business practice to realize the potential of every individual. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, age, or any characteristic protected by law.
- We believe in second chances. As an organization, we will rely on individualized assessments in the hiring of those with past criminal convictions. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for a position.
- This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, counseling, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with qualified disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities
- Pinnacle Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer