The Environmental Specialist reports to the HSE Manager. Prepare, maintain, train, and enforce all Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP) requirements, Pipeline Management Plans and Spill Prevention, Control and Counter (SPCC) measure plans requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- · Coordinate program requirements of Assembly Bill 1960.
- · Responsible for Waste Management program, EPA ID, waste streams, profiles, manifesting, transporting, disposal, record-keeping, reporting etc.
- · Coordinate and attend all regulatory agency oil field inspections concerning environmental matters
- · Verifies production facilities are in compliance with the environmental regulations of the EPA, state and local agencies
- · Prepares environmental plans, and other reports as required
- · Assist with implementation of agency regulations
- · Assist with monitoring and record-keeping related to environmental compliance
- · Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by HSE Manager
- · Facilitate Field Environmental Training
- · Respond to environmental emergencies
- · Rotation schedule for after hour spill response coverage for HSE Team
- · Support team environmental field needs
- · Must possess a bachelor’s degree minimum in a related engineering field, biology, environmental science or chemistry.
- · At least five (5) years of oil and gas experience (other selected industry experience may be considered).
- · Regulatory experience strongly preferred
Skills & Knowledge:
- · Demonstrated ability to work with and knowledge of EPA, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources, Certified Unified Program Agencies (CUP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Transportation, Southcoast Air Quality Management District and other local agency(s) regulations/codes
- · 5+ years of professional experience performing HSE compliance and permitting
- · Ability to manage multiple facilities in Southern California, Louisiana, Kansas and Wyoming at any given time without losing focus on quality of work;
- · Experience with working on-site at oil and gas facilities.
- · Highly motivated to continue working in regulatory field and expand their knowledge and experience;
- · Technical ability to develop permit applications and demonstrated ability to lead permitting projects
- · Strong team working skill sets, able to work with team members who are remotely located.
- · Problem solving and ability to progress work with minimal supervision
- · Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- · Strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to readily identify key issues and risks and develop strategies or recommendations for improvement
- · Self-sufficient, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- · Strong writing skills
- · Excellent computer use skills required.
- · Must be able to travel overnight and as needed.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and State automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout.
- Completion of a substance abuse screening upon offer of employment.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 25% of the time
- Occasional weekends and weeknights may be required
- Rotation schedule for after hour spill response coverage for HSE Team
PLEASE APPLY & UPLOAD RESUME USING THIS LINK: https://loxo.co/agencies/412/jobs/260873