The Field Service Manager is a strategic operational leader who is responsible for all aspects of development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the Company’s system installation and field service. This includes setting service policies, manuals, and directives while being compliant with OSHA and industry standards.
The Field Service Manager reports to the VP of Field Operations and manages the Global Service teams; this includes screening, onboarding, training, and managing in-house and contracted technicians. Also, the Field Service Manager works collaboratively across the organization with the support and data teams, account managers and R&D.
The Field Service Manager is client facing, focused on meeting customers’ service agreement, and acts internally as the voice of the customer along side the Account Managers.
- Lead and develop regional service teams and partners to provide customer support throughout Company operations
- Maintains responsibility for operations engineering, installation, service & maintenance, refurb and end of life management
- Manages field configurations
- Cost center budget management aimed at reducing cost and increasing efficiency
- Identify and implement new tools and technologies to drive efficiencies
- Improve customer satisfaction including service TAT aligned with company and industry standard while meeting and exceeding client’s SLA’s
- Empower, train, and grow the service teams including brand consistency internally and with contractors
- Accountable for ensuring full regulatory compliance and legal requirements are being adhered to; acts as safety officer and drives risk mitigation
- Develop and establish directives and procedures; service tasks and procedures, maintenance, etc.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 7 to 10 years of direct service management or related experience is required
- Mechanical experience with high technical skills
- Agriculture machinery background preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making, and organization skills. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to consult with, negotiate and influence others in a positive manner and in support of the overall goals and mission of the company is critical
- Must be able to manage and mentor employees and participate in employment related matters
- Strong leadership skills are essential as is the ability to accomplish goals through others. A collaborative approach to organizational management is essential
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to ~ 25% of time)
- Ability to work well with remote management and staff