Our client, a well known farming and processing company located in Kern County is looking to add a Financial Controller to their team. This organizaiton is diverse, growing, and offers tremendous growth opportunities for those who are willing to work hard and prove themselves. The ability to work independently, but also lead a team is critical for this role. We are looking for someone who will take ownership of the accounting and finance departments, implement new policies and procedures, and act as a business consultant to the owners who are dynamic and actively involved in the strategic decision making of this company.
Managing all finance and accounting operations; coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances; preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain accounting system, documentation, and records
- Develop financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation
- Prepare high-level financial reports as directed by senior management or owners.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL; Revenue Recognition; Debt management and collection
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and variance reporting.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory and compliance reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Cash flow management
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with identifying efficiencies and reducing costs across all companies.
This job supervises 2 staff accountants and 2 A/P Clerks.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- ·Organizational Support - Follow policies and procedures.
- ·Quality - Demonstrate accuracy, detail and understanding of transactions.
- ·Demonstrated competencies with accounting/ERP software packages.
- ·Advanced proficiency in MS Excel; intermediate proficiency in Word, Access, Outlook.
- ·Safety and Security - Observe safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- ·Adaptability - Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with 7-10 years of experience in a food manufacturing/processing environment. An MBA is a plus.
- Must have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Advanced MS Excel skills and the ability to use MS Outlook and Word
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing/production management on development and analysis of cost standards.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.