The Irrigation Design Specialist works closely with Sales Team and customers to collaborate design systems according to the customer objectives and project requirements. Uses understanding and evaluation of the field in preparation for design. Designs systems incorporating pipelines, filters, emission devices, pumps, electrical and/or other materials as necessary for the project.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- AutoCAD-IrriCAD Link drafting and design. Produce detailed drawings for irrigation related construction projects.
- AutoCAD/IrriCAD data management and organization.
- Irrigation system drafting & design (drip/micro, sprinkler, flood, indoor, mechanical move, etc.).
- Pump station drafting & design.
- Filter drafting & design.
- Reservoir & open channel drafting & design.
- Electrical drafting & design.
- Material selection and product specification.
- Value engineering and cost analysis.
- Continuously strives to improve processes and performance to achieve company goals.
- Reports to Manager, Engineering Design.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD, degree or certification in drafting and design a plus.
- Understanding of typical construction practices and procedures.
- Proficient with geometric based mathematical calculations.
- Ability to manage and compile large quantities of information.
- Ability to draft across multiple disciplines, civil, mechanical and electrical.