Our client is a large and well known farming organization with operations ranging from Bakersfield to Fresno. This family run company is a multi-generational organization passionate about their industry and employees. They offer room for advancement, and a stable and pleasant environment. This role is highly visible reporting directly to ownership and working across a broad span of their operations.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Work hands on with Ranch Supervisors to ensure accurate and successful irrigation schedules.
- Communicate with each Ranch Supervisor on irrigation water, fertilizer and harvesting date expectations
- Develop an understanding of company's water supply assets and goals
- Develop and execute strategies to further these goals through effective communication and coordinated efforts
- Analyze various water entity supplies, rules and regulations, operations and management
- Work with internal and external resources to develop and execute strategies to address regional and local water issues in support of the company, including the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA)
- Build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external contacts
- Communicate and guide the distribution of key water information to the field management team
- Analyze and develop recommendations on annual water budgets and outlook projections
- Routinely inspect all pump stations and accompanying equipment
- Observe/record pump and irrigation control system to ensure adequate water supply is being delivered.
- Maintain and oversee all regulatory compliance regarding permitting and submit all required records
- Assist in the design and implementation of irrigation upgrades, improvements, and additions..
- Ability to coach team members, assign work efficiently, and educate team to increase departmental knowledge
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required. A minimum proficiency of conversational Spanish required.
TO APPLY, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE LINK BELOW: