The Operations Manager will work closely with Executive Leadership and the field team in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment. This role will provide general direction, leadership, support, and operational management in-line with the Company’s strategic plan. This position will assist with the development, modification and implementation of procedures for daily operations and is responsible for the maintenance, security and safety of all facilities and staff. The Operations Manager will ensure quality completion of all projects by overseeing daily operations, timely and complete reporting, and interacting with staff, clients, suppliers, and Executive Leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Carrying out supervisory responsibilities for assigned staff and equipment operations in accordance with the Organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- • Oversee Field Managers and Machine Operators, provide additional training and support as necessary.
- • Organize all labor, equipment, suppliers and tools necessary to perform jobs are ready and available on schedule.
- • Serve as a point of contact for Executive Leadership, suppliers, and clients.
- • Collaborate with the Executive Leadership in driving organizational vision and operational strategy
- • Operate trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials, and supplies.
- • Ability to read and understand plans and maps.
- • Provide labor, technical and soil specific field support on various field site assessments; onsite support as required.
- • Write job and field reports, field inspection and mapping, provide technical GPS support.
- • Participate in and, in some cases, facilitate client and/or stakeholder consultations, such as interviews and meetings.
- • Perform routine preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment.
- • Perform all duties in conformance with rigorous safety and security standards.
- • Ability to work a variable work schedule as necessary or requested.
- • Self-motivated with a professional attitude with excellent communication skills.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- • Regular Travel, primarily within the region, is necessary and expected as well as occasional travel developing new regions
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- • Four-year University degree or equivalent experience required.
- • Valid California Driver’s License, subject to record verification.
- • Agricultural experience preferred.
- • Heavy Equipment usage and repair experience required.
- • Proven repair, fabrication, critical thinking skills.
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- • Strong leadership, organizational, and project management skills including demonstrated time management skills.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- • Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- • Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
- • Ability to establish productive and effective working relationships with clients and co-workers.
- • Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- • Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions.
- • Ability to make independent judgments which have considerable impact on the organization.
- • Knowledge and willingness to further develop an area of expertise is strongly encouraged.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.