Senior Air Quality Scientist
Under the general direction of the VP of Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Air Quality Scientist is responsible for the compliance of the organization’s air quality environmental program. Manages, plans, and implements programs to ensure that all facilities are complaint with all local, state and federal regulations. Manages and coordinates permitting and compliance, through internal personnel and external consultants, to ensure implementation throughout organization.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The senior-Level Air Quality Engineer/Scientist performs professional work of considerable complexity, executing compliance and permitting functions in regards to air quality laws and regulations. This candidate will be analyzing permit-related technical and regulatory issues, and communicating those analyses within the department, external consultants and with agencies. This position will work under minimal supervision and guidance; the ability to self-direct is required. The candidate qualifications we are looking for include:
- 10+ years of professional experience performing air quality and greenhouse gas impact analysis for CEQA, compliance with air quality permitting and compliance or equivalent;
- Demonstrated knowledge of US EPA, California Air Resources Board, and local Air Quality Management District or Air Pollution Control District regulatory programs (e.g., CEQA Guidelines, thresholds of significance, health risk impacts) and their application in CEQA/NEPA analyses
- Extensive experience with air permitting for Title V, Federal and State Greenhouse Gas, emissions reporting, air dispersion modeling, and emission inventories;
- Ability to manage multiple facilities in California, Louisiana, Kansas and Wyoming at any given time without losing focus on quality of work;
- Experience with working on-site at oil and gas facilities;
- Proven track record of successful regulatory work in dealing with the BAAQMD, SBCACPD, SLOAPACD, SJVAPCD, SCAQMD, EPA, CARB and other similar agencies;
- Experience in conflict resolution and prioritizing tasks;
- Highly motivated to continue working in air quality environmental field and expand their knowledge and experience;
- CA and San Joaquin Valley experience is required.
- Bachelors degree in Meteorology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Science such as Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Advanced computer applications, e.g. AERMOD, HARP2, and Microsoft Suite.
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: