Our client is offering a full-time position as Executive Assistant. The primary focus of this position is to professionally represent the company and its management and focus on daily, key tasks that are essential to daily operations at the Corporate Office. This individual will assist Executive and management personnel with a variety of functions in various areas of the business and take on projects and errands. This individual must be motivated, have a good attitude, and be willing to learn and advance themselves and the company.
Given the customer service focus of the Corporate Office, we are searching for an individual experienced with excellent customer service, professional phone and email etiquette, handling multiple competing tasks, and superior time management skills. Intermediate, working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook is essential to success in this role. This position reports to and is supervised by the Chief Operations Officer.
Key Character Requirements:
Integrity: Have integrity in all aspects of job responsibility and enforcing company policies.
Customer Service: Respond promptly to visitor and employee needs; solicit feedback from managers to improve customer service, consistently exhibit phone and email skills and always respond to requests for service and assistance.
Team Work: Able to balance individual and team member responsibilities. Always open to giving and receiving constructive criticism and put the success of the team and company above.
Organizational Skills: Able to be organized with strong time management skills. Most importantly, employee must be self-disciplined and highly motivated.
Strong Work Ethic: Given the nature of the industry, the agricultural export business is a seasonal process that may require longer hours and increased demands during harvest months, decreasing in non-harvest months.
•Welcomes new assignment inquiries from management via telephone, email, or in-person, providing administrative office support to the team as needed.
•Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system.
•Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
•Maintains excellent skill in using the telecommunication system, always being second to answer using the standard greeting and acceptable procedures for transferring calls and taking messages.
•Maintains confidential information, always using discretion and discreetness when answering questions about management personnel location or projects - always ensuring appropriate safeguarding methods.
•Maintains reliability by providing continuity in job duties and assigned tasks, outlined below.
- Assist Receptionist when phone and front desk coverage is needed during Reception break and meal periods, never abandoning temporary post without coverage.
- Maintain company phone and contact lists; will receive changes from Receptionist and other personnel.
- Assist with corporate travel arrangements as requested.
- Plans and schedules meetings; manages calendars as requested.
- When authorized by Executive Management, make all arrangements for business meetings and events which include the following duties:
- Securing location
- Ensuring electronic equipment needs are fulfilled and set-up
- Flight, hotel, vehicle arrangements
- Beverage, snack, and meal arrangements
- Printed material needs
- Conducts research as needed.
- Compiles information for reports and may be required to handle reporting.
- Prepares, edits, and distributes correspondence, reports, or presentations as assigned.
- Ensures appropriate filing of documents; if unsure where to file, asks Supervisor.
- Attends meetings and takes notes.
- Handles customer service inquiries and resolves issues as directed.
- Assist with note-taking as needed.
- In the future, may assist Marketing Manager with the following:
- Daily commodity price and currency updates
- First email responses to company prospect inquiries
- Daily distribution and tracking of prospect inquiries
- News and information research
- Minor website updates, as needed
- Assist with data analysis and reports, as needed
- Assist with market research projects, as needed
- Assist with company newsletter, as needed
•Complete shredding task daily to ensure confidentiality, safe guarding company information.
•Ensure all work items such as papers and printed reports are locked in desk drawers after each shift i.e. phone list.
•Notify Supervisor immediately if there are any respites in work flow to receive a new task to further the success of the team.
•If any absence from your post is necessary for any reason, notify your immediate supervisor.
Future Promotional Opportunities:
*Senior Executive Administrative Assistant:
In addition to the above skill level, this title adds responsibility of collecting/reporting key financial data.
Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm
10:15 am and 3:15 pm (maximum of 15 minutes)
Between 11:30 am-12:30 pm or 1:30 pm-2:30 pm (minimum of 30 minutes)