Our client, a well known and respected name in commercial construction with extensive projects in all areas of Kern County is actively seeking a talented Director of Design Build Services to add to their team.
Responsible for the growth of Company's D/B services. This will include the management of Company's Metal Building Division. Taking the lead role of assisting in the sales, estimating and proposals required to secure D/B projects. Management of personnel for prioritizing of efforts in pricing metal building systems and work of Design Professionals involved in the entire D/B process. Interact effectively with potential clients, clients, company personnel, design team professionals and vendors.
The VP of Project Development and President
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meet with potential clients to determine their project requirements and make the decision if it is a project we want to pursue.
- Review plans and specification for potential projects. Assess the project requirements and develop a work plan that ensures timely delivery for submitting a bid and or proposal.
- Gather project due diligence information such as professional studies and jurisdictional entitlements requirements
- Review and interpret professional studies, capture all jurisdictional entitlements requirements and understand, in terms of project impact the requirements, and understand in terms of project impact the requirements of the purchase and sale agreement, lease and CC&Rs.
- Explore and report on the appropriate building systems and technologies for the proposed project
- Affirm selected building systems and technologies with the assistance of the estimator and construction project manager
- Coordinate the work of the selected Design professional for providing required drawings for estimating and inclusion in proposal
- Work with Company's estimating staff to provide a bid or estimate as required by project documents
- Working with Company staff to prepare response to RFP
- Working with VP of Project Development prepare for presentations and presentation material as required.
- Make formal presentations
- Research, prequalify and procure professional design services such as architectural, structural, MEP and Civil
- Working with Project Manager to provide oversight of all design services.
- Prepare, edit, monitor, communicate and control the pre-construction schedule
- Give in-put to Project Manager in preparation of the construction schedule
- Compile, final review and present the draft of agreements between Owner/Contractor and Company
- Provide design services during the conceptual phase of a proposal for solicitation of pricing from design professional and or subcontractors
- Civil or Structural Engineer license, Architectural Degree or Construction Management degree combined with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the fields reference above.
- Can demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Articulate, polished and poised- able to carry on engaging conversation with others in an outwardly focused way.
- Demonstrate high performance and initiative that is complementary to Company diverse team of self-starters
- Shows an interest outside of himself/ herself and outside of the work environment that demonstrates a connection to and understanding of the world around him/her.
- Candidate must possess strong background in preconstruction process, planning and design phase management and experience managing multiple projects.
- A working knowledge of MS Office applications and BIM is a must. Working knowledge of Blue Beam and Primavera is a plus.
- Proficiency in English language with excellent communication skills both written and verbal is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must posses the ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Candidate must possess the ability to issue written and verbal communication as well as possess the ability to speak persuasively and negotiate outcomes with diverse groups.
- The candidate should posses the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, mark-ups, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry in the daily work environment