Utilizing preliminary design documents, produce building structural drawings for submittal to building jurisdictions for approval. Ensure drawings meet applicable standards and typical design practices. Incorporate all needed details and notes, copy and process submittal packages. Will work in steel, cold-formed steel and reinforced concrete.
Essential Functions and Capabilities
• Convert building preliminary design information to Approval drawings using AutoCAD.
• Ensure all needed building details for all structural building components, building trims and accessory items are incorporated into the drawings.
• Effectively communicate and work well with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and other department teams and personnel.
• Produce thorough and complete design drawings that minimize detailing time.
• Experience and knowledge of pre-engineered steel buildings is a significant plus.
• Work cooperatively with the team to meet deadlines within budget.
• Ability to perform under pressure and work overtime when needed.
• Strong math and computer skills with precision and attention to detail.
• Ability to read structural and architectural drawings.
• Initiative and versatility to address unexpected challenges.
• Excellent proficiency with AutoCAD.
• Strong practical mathematical skills.
• Understand and follow technical direction.
• Positive contribution toward team projects.
CAD Drafter will be primarily in an office environment but will spend time in production plant as well. Occasional project field visits will occur.
Able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Detailer may also need to go into the production plant and the field to project sites when necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt hourly position with hours expected to be generally from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday with potential for overtime as needed.
Travel is not a regular part of this position but may be required on occasion.
Typical Education and Experience
• Graduate of a technical college/school.
• Minimum of three years of experience with AutoCAD and production drafting.
• Experience in producing and understanding steel building drawings and a practical understanding of steel fabrication and erection.
• Strong computer skills with precision and attention to detail.
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: