- General knowledge of construction trades and the work performed by each
- Computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Procore, Adobe Acrobat
- Professional and concise written/ verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Email and face-to-face interactions as “gatekeeper” between our estimators and the subcontractors regarding job estimates, bids, status updates and introductions
- Time-management, multitasking and organizational skills
- Developgood working relationships with Subcontractors, local builders exchange and clients
- Team Oriented attitude and punctuality
Essential Job Functions
- Check Bids DAILY – forward email correspondence to correct Estimator or review with Estimator and issue responses on their behalf
- AssistEstimators with clerical tasks as directed
- Accompany Management to hand deliver hard bids
- Attendbi-weekly Estimating meetings (7 a.m. every other Wednesday) – note action items and assist with follow-up to completion
- Update and maintainlist of bidding Subcontractors and their contact information in Procore – send Estimating team a copy of the vCard (Outlook) for new Subcontractors
- Update and maintaindocuments (sub bids, archived bids) in Estimating file tree structure: X:\Estimating
- Uploadelectronic documents received from Owners and Architects to Procore
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of BidPackages prepared by the Estimators
- Scanplan rooms (local and other builders exchange websites for towns and counties nearby), local newspaper/website, etc. for information on potential projects, new subcontractors and vendors to bid projects (See Addendum 1 for listing of agencies)
o Verify email enrollment for email notifications from northern and central CA construction plan rooms
o BIWEEKLY - Compile a list of projects from plan rooms that Management may want to bid – provide this list of projects, along with any other General Contractors (GCs)s who are listed as interested in bidding the same work.
- Receiveand log Addendums and Owner/Architect Directives to Procore “Correspondence” section; distribute same information to the Subcontractors
- ReceiveSubcontractor bids; Review bids for acknowledgement of addendums, RFI's, appropriate wage rates, etc. Contact Subcontractors as needed for required corrections; distribute bids to correct Estimator.
Print hard copies of received bids and distribute them to the appropriate Estimator.
- Savebids electronically in appropriate file folders. Save hard-copy bids in appropriate inboxes. Create bid binders for estimators when needed.
- Contactbidders by phone to verify receipt of Invitations to Bid and to determine their intent for providing a proposal – large amount of time spent on this.
- Address questions from subcontractors regarding how to use Procore, submit bids in the system and provide dates relevant to bid deadlines
- Assist Estimator in preparing requests for information (RFIs)
- Assist Estimators with hand off of awarded project to Project Manager
- Archive unsuccessful bids with input from estimators
- Respond to subcontractor inquiries regarding work awarded as instructed by Estimators
- Set up projects in Procore
- Visit downtown building department to see who is requesting construction permits
- Assist Bart with completion of client Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Qualifications (RFQs)
- Provide relief / backup on front phones for receptionist when needed