Essential Job Functions
· Coordinate bidding schedule and workload with principals to determine which projects to pursue.
· Update bidding schedule and assign projects to Estimators for bidding.
· Prepare Bid Packages and initiate bidding procedures:
- Obtain all documents for bidding including plans, specifications, soils reports, etc.
- Prepare invitation for subcontractors with bid instructions, bid form, outline scope of work and preliminary schedule.
- Review bid drawings and prepare appropriate list of subcontractors to be solicited for bids. Present subcontractor list and bid documents for distribution of bid packages.
- Coordinate with secretary to assure bidders are in receipt of bid invitations and verify whether or not they intend to respond with quotes.
- Forward bid packages to Construction Secretary for obtaining bonds, insurance, MBE/WBE advertising and any other required paperwork for the bid.
· Coordinate Subcontractor Design Build proposals if appropriate.
- Prepare Proposal Documents including:
- Proposal Letter
- Clarifications and Exclusions
- Enumeration of the Drawings
- When appropriate complete:
- Owner’s Bid Documents.
- Owner’s online procurement procedures.
· Upon project awarded:
- Prepare Agreement for review and signature.
- Prepare Bid Grid for guaranteed maximum price agreements.
- Prepare “Turnover” documents for Project Manager and assist with job set up.
- Discuss proposal related issues with Project Manager during construction and provide additional documentation if appropriate.
· Preconstruction services:
- Meet with prospective clients to discuss proposed projects and provide estimated costs based on preliminary information.
- Develop preliminary control budgets during schematic design and design development.
- Provide constructability reviews during schematic design and design development.
- Provide alternate pricing for consideration in determining construction methods and materials.
- Prepare budgeting for value engineering.
· Prepare Conceptual Estimate and Bid Proposals for presentation including:
- Thorough review of all bid documents.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and / or coordinate site meetings for subcontractor’s site investigation.
- Perform takeoffs and prepare Timberline cost spreadsheet.
- Prepare General Conditions
- Accept questions from Subcontractors and Prepare Requests for Information (RFI’s) for presentation to the Owner/Architect.
- Review Addendums and distribute to Subcontractors with additional direction as neededz
- Obtain design fees from Architect, Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer and Landscape Architect if appropriate.
- Prepare estimated costs for permits and utility connection fees if appropriate.
- Review Subcontractors Bids for correct scope of work, clarifications and exclusions and request revised proposals if appropriate.
- Determine lowest responsible subcontractors quote for inclusion in proposal.
Non-essential Job Functions
· Review plan room publications and other invitations for upcoming bids.
· Track and review results of recent bid openings.
· Maintain list of approved subcontractors for bid solicitation.
· Upload appropriate documents to pVault paperless file storage.
· Maintain current Projects Bidding Log and printing charges for bidding projects.
· Respond to Subcontractors requests for bid results.
· Submit all proposals to Principal for review prior to presentation and make appropriate revisions.
· Follow up with Owners after presentation of bids and proposals and provide additional information and revised costs as needed.
MUST HAVE General Contracting estimating experience.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME