Position: The Location Manager is responsible for leading the Rio Linda Distribution and Logistics team and oversees the day to day management of the facility. The Location Manager is responsible for overseeing the processes and activities enabling the receiving, warehousing, and transportation of products and goods to maximize efficiencies and control costs. The Site Manager also maintains overall facility regulatory compliance, ensures safe equipment and processes for employees, site security, and the development/coaching of facility team members.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Include:
- ·Education – B.S. in business/operations/supply chain, or equivalent years in warehousing, logistics, and team management experience required.
- ·Experience – 3+ years operational experience in the field of warehouse management, transportation, and logistics. Experience in process improvement and change initiatives is a plus.
- ·Strong and visible leadership – Ability to quickly establish credibility within the site team and drive a positive, effective, safe, and compliant facility.
- ·Interpersonal effectiveness — Is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts/issues in a constructive manner. Able to operate effectively and comfortably within multiple teams and will direct and instruct in a respectful and polite manner.
- ·Working knowledge/understanding of warehousing and logistics
- Familiar with and comfortable managing drivers, delivery routes, and enforcing/meeting all required DOT compliance measures.
- Understands how products are stored, transported, and impacted by seasonality to ensure safety and compliance at local, state, and federal levels.
- Strong understanding of Hazardous Materials, and the transportation, safe handling procedures, and communication around such materials.
- Strong process and change management skills as they relate to warehouse operations.
- Working knowledge/understanding of industry/site compliance requirements and expectations
- Familiar with safety and compliance programs including
- Risk Management Plan’s (RMP’s), Storm Water Management, Haz Mat Business Plans, Overall DOT Compliance, Department of Homeland Security Compliance, Emergency Action Plans, Etc.
- Familiar with safety programs and management methods including
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Facility and Job Safety Inspections, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Training Programs, Management of Change (MOC), Etc.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- ·Aligns to company core values Integrity, Diversity, Effort, Accountability and Service.
- ·Leads by example. Embodies servant leadership (values diverse opinions; cultivates a culture of trust; develops other leaders; helps people; encourages; sells instead of tells; thinks you, not me; thinks long-term; acts with humility).
- ·Is well organized, meets deadlines, great attention to detail and works well under pressure.
- ·Strong oral and written communication skills.
- ·Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word, Etc.
- ·Provide daily direction to facility team members and set facility goals that drive a culture of safety, efficiency, and the company’s core values.
- ·Attract, develop and retain talent
- ·Provide coaching and feedback to employees, develop career growth programs for key team members, and implement performance improvement plans when necessary.
- ·Promote a positive work environment and overall employee morale
- ·Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness
- ·Manage, review, and approve facility expenses.
- ·Comply with all Wilbur-Ellis safety and regulatory procedures
- ·Provide supervision and support to drivers, and warehouse personnel
- ·Oversee the efficient operation of the yard, warehouse and all vehicles
- ·Oversee daily and monthly inventory counts
- ·Provide additional oversight to the maintenance of equipment
- ·Ensure compliance with drivers' hours of service, DVIRs, Logs, and 90 Day Inspections.
- ·Train drivers, warehouse helpers, and customers on transportation rules and regulations
- ·Organize, set-up, and maintain safety training and records.
- ·All other duties assigned