This is a mid-level position responsible for safely and efficiently operating the packing machine to ensure product compliance to Company and customer standards. This position sets up, adjusts, maintains, and operates various pieces of computerized/manual packing equipment. Strict compliance with the facility Food Safety and Quality Management System Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions is required.
- Verify operation/performance of packaging line metal detectors, and document results.
- Take action for any deviations from Critical Control Limits, as required by company procedures.
- Verifying the equipment is set up for proper coding of the packaging and labeling machine.
- Supplies machine with necessary materials, maintaining quality of machine output.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the packaging machine and plant area (e.g. sweeping the floor, removing trash, cleaning the machine at the end of the shift, preparing for next shift’s production, and finalizing any paperwork in an accurate, clear, and concise manner).
- Operate packing equipment using several touch screen computers.
- Legibly date code product.
- Monitor products and packages for quality control.
- Report any food safety issue observed to manager/supervisor.
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to manager/supervisor.
- Deliver daily objectives determined by plant management.
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Daily Routine List (DRL), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Communicate with other employees in the packaging department in a proactive and professional manner.
- Maintain standards as they apply to packaging equipment (e.g. quality, finished products, and machine operations).
- Relieve operators for meal periods and breaks.
- Train/Mentor new employees in the department with direction from the manager/supervisor.
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively verbally and in written form.
- Previous “hands on” machine operating experience.
- Experience operating high speed packing equipment is desired.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment; increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
TO APPLY, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE LINK BELOW: