Our client, a well known and respected name in commercial construction with extensive projects in all areas of Kern County is actively seeking a talented Project Manager to add to their team. Due to a backlog of work for 2022-2023, this is a new role in this established organization and will function as part of a dynamic team of project managers and engineers.
Vice President - Operations.
- Manage the timely commencement and completion of construction projects, to specified levels of quality, within established price, for a predetermined profit.
- Oversee the development, monitoring and updating of the project schedule.
- Project Superintendent will create and update the project schedule when a superintendent has been assigned to the project.
- If no superintendent has been assigned, the Project Manager will create the schedule.
- Monitor and manage project quality.
- Monitor, optimize and report on project costs.
- Manage changes to time and/or cost.
- Monitor, promote and report on progress.
- Prepare Bid Packages
- Review proposals and prepare associated subcontracts.
- Review and approve requests for payment.
- Review and approve all invoices on projects.
- Facilitate the timely resolution of design conflicts, errors and omissions.
- Manage construction resources
- Coordinate progress meeting with the project superintendent.
- Assist in development and presentation of proposals
- If within the project scope, manage design and engineering.
- If within the project scope, prepare and update project budget estimates.
- If within the project scope, define and prepare project bid packages.
- Promote a positive relationship between the corporation, clientele, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and the community.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will enjoy a robust benefits package
- Company paid medical premiums
- Additional health and wellness benefits
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Bonus opportunities.