The Production Engineer is responsible for monitoring, evaluating and leading the production and efficiency on the operation floor. Additional responsibilities include managing and designing the flow of information throughout the manufacturing process. Additional responsibility includes ensuring production demands are met by identifying and resolving any equipment, process or supply chain issue that contributes to equipment downtime or inefficiency.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Must be a self-starter with an innate curiosity toward mechanical process, process flows, automation and controls and ability to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Assist in process analysis and drive resulting action items to completion.
- Perform training to employees on selected processes to drive overall productivity.
- Must be hands on with evaluating manufacturing systems, equipment and components. Must be able to apply knowledge of electricity, controls, mechanical adjustments and methodical troubleshooting and lead or assist in repairs and improvements.
- Develop operations system knowledge across operations equipment by studying facility, manufacturing and process equipment requirements.
- Validate production data with the goal of driving operational efficiency.
- Able to observe, collect, analyze, and summarizing information and trends that aide in the reliability and optimization of equipment and processes
- Keeps equipment operational by utilizing manufacturer's instructions, company SOP’s and strong technical competency.
- Make recommendations for projects that directly improve line efficiency
- Will train and guide Operators during equipment operation, maintenance or repair issues including in-depth troubleshooting methodology. Will function as Quality Control for repairs prior to resuming line operation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Must be able to read technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards. May assist in capital project execution for new equipment and major repairs
- Modify and fix prints of systems that are already in existence
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of VP of Operations.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Chemical Engineering. Mechanical aptitude is a must
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and MSOffice
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills, an aptitude for working with production equipment, hardware and software
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Work independently within set guidelines
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Leadership and Drive: Collaborative team leader with high motivation and strong desire to achieve in a demanding environment. Sets dramatic goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. A team builder who inspires, coaches, develops and leads from the trenches and by example. Holds oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of performance and responsiveness. Attracts, retains and develops strong talent.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Connects “the dots” quickly and perceptively. Problem solves without a road map. Fascinated by emerging consumer trends and design. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom.
- Communication Skills: Translates data into focused insights. Highly articulate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; operates equally effectively in formal and informal settings both internally and externally. Well-honed influencing skills; courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Cultural Astuteness and Flexibility: Is pragmatic, adaptable and focused in a fast-paced environment. Adapts strategies and approach as new information and circumstances arise. Is resilient in the face of challenging obstacles.
- Energy: Has a very high capacity for work. Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement. Is outcome/results focused and drives issues to closure. Resourceful and innovative; always pushing to find new and better ways of working.
- Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors and related warehouse/production equipment and associated noise levels
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in the warehouse/production environment
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE LINK BELOW: