Fundamental Objectives: Under the general direction of the Vice President, the Sr. Petroleum Engineer is responsible for maximizing production while maximizing profitability of oil and gas properties through assessing the associated costs and estimating the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells while helping to plan for future development opportunities
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, in order to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
- Liaising with geologists in interpreting well logs in order to assess the amount and quality of oil, the depth at which resources lie, and the equipment needed to properly extract them.
- Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, and well surveys.
- Coordinate pump system selection, design, and testing.
- Production Surveillance.
- Monitor production trends and design stimulation programs in order to maximize the oil recovery.
- Plan work over to increase the production trend.
- Provide technical support to operations.
- Write technical reports for engineering and management personnel.
- Assist in and supervise production forecasts and economic analysis.
- Assist in project development and reserves assessment
- Analyze the economics and risk assessments of major development programs
- Evaluate business opportunities for oil and gas exploration, appraisal, and development using input from multi-disciplinary team to formulate and support investment decisions and optimize project performance
- Create and enhance reservoir models that stimulate fluid flow, phase behavior, and reservoir physical properties and perform simulation if necessary.
- Analyze pressure transients
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Division Vice President.
- B.S. degree with a major in Petroleum Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- PE Licensure from the State of California
- At least ten (10) year’s experience as an Operations/Production Engineer.
- At least 5 years of Reservoir or field development engineering.
- Experience in waterflood recovery is required
- Experience in thermal recovery in oil and gas industries preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Skilled in the use of computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Builder Master)
- Ability to be self-directed and establish priorities to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Willing to aid in the development of lesser experienced engineers
- Ability to execute proper telephone procedures
- Ability to comprehend instructions as given by the supervisor
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Utilize computer equipment and other standard business machines effectively
- Extensive knowledge of Peep or PHD win or other economic software.
- Experience with some monitoring software like DSS or OFM
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: