The Staff Engineer is an entry-level professional who will assist with work on a variety of oilfield projects under direct supervision of an experienced professional.
- Complete engineering analyses and designs
- Assist in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, graphics, traffic impact studies, permits and designs for projects
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects as necessary
- Coordinate with technical staff as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to present to Supervisors
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of computer aided software in AutoCAD, Excel and Word
- Interest in Oilfield Engineering
- Excellent Driving Record Required
Certification/ Licenses Required:
- Engineering-In-Training Preferred
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally work in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. May require occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Individual must be a problem solver who works well under pressure. Individual will maintain effective working relationships with managers, co-workers and clients through clear communication and pro-active progress reporting. Desire to obtain a professional engineering license. Excellent organizational skills are necessary to be able to juggle multiple projects, each with schedules and budgets. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also necessary.