Our client is searching for a dynamic and task orientated HR / Office Manager to join their team in Bakersfield, CA. This is a direct hire role with exceptional benefits and competitive salary. Long term stability with advancement opportunity in a fun and family friendly environment make this role highly desirable in the Kern County market.
Under direction and supervision of the Ownership and the General Manager, the HR / Office Manager will perform a variety of technical duties involved in the coordination and implementation of life and health programs. The Human Resources-Office Manager is a dual-role involving full spectrum human resources and office management responsibilities. This role is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level in the following HR functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, employment and employment law compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Human Resources experience.
- Familiarity with CA state specific employment and wage and hour laws, including, FEHA, COBRA, ADA, FMLA, ACA, PDL, CFRA and related Federal and State regulations.
- collaboratively work in a team setting.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy
- Strong client relationship, critical thinking, negotiations and consulting/influencing skills.
- Ability to operate independently AND as part of a team.
- Ability to work with grace under pressure and have an adaptable style.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local statutes and regulations governing drug and alcohol testing, employee safety, various state Driver License requirements and workers' compensation, with emphasis on private employee application.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Pre-employment physical, drug test and background check required with continued participation throughout employment.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: