Under the general supervision of the Information Technology Director, the Helpdesk-PC Technician is responsible for assisting IT staff with managing all aspects of the company’s network and user’s workstations.
- Assists Information Technology staff with administering and troubleshooting all aspects of the company’s network
- Support all company software and hardware used by employees and contractors
- Inventory control of software and hardware
- Support of all remote locations
- Manages projects as directed by IT staff
- Researches, develops and implements computer solutions
- Documents all activity in the IT helpdesk database and library
- Performs other related duties as assigned by IT staff
Education & Experience:
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Basic Information Technology Training or experience needed
- Certificates a plus
- Oil and gas industry work experience preferred but not necessary.
- Strong familiarity with Windows 10, MS Office, Windows Deployment Services, basic networking, printers, hardware and software installation and troubleshooting, and telephone systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Strong ethical business practices.
- Willingness to work nights and or weekends for scheduled projects on an as needed basis
- Willingness to travel to remote locations on an as needed basis when remote support is not possible.
- Must be able to follow directions and use common sense to solve problems.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Meet established deadlines.
- Follow all company’s safety policies and procedures.