Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology, the Production Specialist is responsible for the timely, accurate accounting and reporting of the Company’s oil and gas activities. Requires a strong knowledge of oil, gas and water production allocation methodologies. Experience in multiple States a plus, including California, Wyoming, Kansas, and Louisiana.
- Preparing production allocations to be used by the revenue group for revenue distributions
- Be able to work closely with engineering and field personnel to coordinate operational changes that directly affect production accounting process.
- Review and analyze production allocations for reasonableness and accuracy
- Set up new wells with correct hierarchy for reporting purposes
- Assisting with the integration of acquisitions as it relates to production accounting
- Maintaining production accounting systems and processes
- Associate of Arts degree in Accounting or Business Administration and 3 years of related Oil and Gas Production Accounting experience, or 5 years of related Oil and Gas Production Accounting experience
Skills/ Knowledge/ Ability:
- Strong attention to detail required with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to understand complicated allocation processes
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience with Oil and Gas Production Accounting systems, such as P2, Quorum, Bolo, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a growing team environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as some database management experience (SQL-Database or Microsoft Access experience a plus.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work