Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology, the Regulatory Specialist is responsible for the timely, accurate reporting of the Company’s oil and gas activities to all regulatory agencies. Requires a strong knowledge of oil, gas and water production allocation methodologies, as well as federal and state regulatory reporting requirements. Experience in multiple States a plus, including California, Wyoming, Kansas, and Louisiana.
- Validating production allocations to be sent to the regulatory agencies and submit by deadlines.
- Review, submit and correct all production entries to DOGGR, BLM, ONRR, OGOR by navigating regulatory websites and uploading requirements.
- Be familiar with the 110 Reports, SB1281 Reports, and Federal Government monthly and annual reports.
- Maintaining production accounting systems and processes.
- Associate of Arts degree in Accounting or Business Administration and 3 years of related Oil and Gas Production Accounting experience, or 5 years of related Oil and Gas Production Accounting experience.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Ability
- Strong attention to detail required with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to understand complicated allocation processes.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with Oil and Gas Production Accounting systems, such as P2, Quorum, Bolo, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a growing team environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as some database management experience (SQL-Database or Microsoft Access experience a plus).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.