The Inventory Coordinator is to ensure the proper and timely entry of all Inventory related transactions as well as the maintenance and reporting of accurate inventory values. The Inventory Coordinator reports directly to the Inventory Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPLE DUTIES
The responsibilities of the Inventory Coordinator may include, but are not limited to the following:
- ·Process All Inventory transactions on a daily basis: Stock Transfers, Rack Transfers, Sales Order allocation, Purchase Orders, Inbound Receipts, Internal Threading Transactions and Bi-Weekly Pup Fabrication.
- ·Approve and code Invoices for payment ensuring that all charges are accurately adjusted into Inventory. Special attention to be paid to discount dates as all invoices must be approved and forwarded to the President and then to Accounts Payable in time to ensure payment can be made within the stated discount date. Work with other departments to ensure that accurate and timely information is communicated and provided to ensure the common goal of “2 days to Invoice”.
- ·Maintain Inventory including lot comments, cost adjustments and warehouse/bin locations.
- ·Maintain and reconcile consignment inventories as required providing usage reports to Customer representatives as well as Management on a weekly basis.
- ·Document and maintain Pre-buy inventories for accurate reporting and maintenance.
- ·Generate and distribute weekly Inventory reports to appropriate personnel.
- ·Participate in scheduled Physical Inventories, cycle counts and reconciliation. Research inventory discrepancies.
- ·Maintain the Open Purchase Order reports, coordinating with appropriate personnel regarding all aspects of PO maintenance, including when Purchase Orders are complete.
- ·Adjust inventory values to include Freight, Handling and other additional costs.
- ·Work with freight company personnel to ensure that Inbound Freight documentation is received to be included in Inventory costs on a timely basis.
- ·Verify and Sign off on Invoices upon Sales Order Allocation and forward to the appropriate personnel for approval.
- ·Document special order inventory requirements as necessary.
- ·Reception relief as scheduled.
- ·Perform any other duties as directed by the Inventory Manager.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
- ·The posting of all Inventory transactions is completed in on a daily basis; exceptions are documented and reported to the Inventory Manager.
- ·Active participation in all inner-department meetings to ensure that orders are moving through the system in a smooth and timely fashion. Problem allocations are documented and discussed to identify problem areas.
- ·Consignment Inventories are reconciled each Monday and usage reports forwarded to the appropriate consignment locations as well as Sr. Management
- ·Monthly close schedules are strictly adhered to.
- ·Purchase Orders are maintained and coordination with Purchasing personnel is done regularly.
- ·Maintain an open and positive work environment that encourages communication and team effort across departments.
- ·All other duties as directed by the Inventory Manager have been done timely and accurately.
Education - Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent training. Must be computer literate.
Experience - Two to five years experience working directly with inventory allocations and maintenance in a high volume business.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities - Analytical and mathematical skills as related to business practices and procedures in general use. Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple priorities and work efficiently to meet deadlines. Detail oriented, accurate and thorough. An ability to provide accurate reports and accurately process inventory transactions. An ability to communicate with others within the company in English and work well in a team oriented environment across departments.