The Senior Wildlife Biologist will be responsible for monitoring activities and coordinating assigned tasks with other biological specialists associated with construction of heavy civil construction works.
- ·Conduct on-site wildlife monitoring for covered species
- ·Review technical reports from sub-consultants as specified in Contract, permits and plans.
- ·Prepare documentation for environmental compliance program
- ·Collect, manage, and process data in GIS
- ·Update and edit maps in Arc GIS
- ·Post processing procedures in compliance database
- ·Report to the Environmental Compliance Manager any violations or non-compliance with environmental laws, rules or regulations and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
- ·Demonstrated experience to obtain approval or have obtained approvals for wildlife monitoring and surveys from California Department of Fish and Wildlife and US Fish & Wildlife Service as set forth in typical constraints under California Incidental Take Permits, Streambed Alteration Permits as well as requirements issued under a Biological Opinion.
- ·Knowledge of wildlife programs and species habitat in the south San Joaquin Valley is strongly preferred.
- ·Good writing and effective communication
- ·10 years of related experience
- ·Master’s Degree in Biology preferred, Bachelor of Science in Biology required, ARC Global Information System (GIS) experience required.