Under routine supervision of the Operations Manager, prepare and maintain all design, construction, mapping, and engineering records related to facilities in order to ensure the highest quality water at the lowest possible cost. Provide construction inspection for projects to ensure that workmanship and materials conform to specifications and all governing codes.
- Perform routine civil engineering work related to the planning, hydraulic design, CAD Drafting, project management, construction and/or modification, and operation of water distribution facilities; including water mains, wells, reservoirs, pump stations, and buildings.
- Assist in the preparation of project specifications, cost estimates, construction schedules, budget reports, and plan checks for projects pursuant to established policy.
- Make routine presentations relative to project findings and status to management and the public.
- Review and administer contract agreements and permit requirements.
- Perform field surveys to properly prepare and interpret legal descriptions of facilities.
- Provide project management through effective technical direction and leadership of project team and outside consultants or contractors.
- Knowledge of engineering methods and practices of public works inspection and the ability to apply same as relates to civil, structural, and/or hydraulic design and construction of water system facilities.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment regarding job assignments and have the technical expertise to work without continuous supervision.
- Ability to utilize computer programs for the analysis and design of projects.
- Perform mathematical calculations with accuracy and speed.
- Must have strong communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Maintain harmonious working relationships, and deal tactfully and courteously with the public and co-workers.
- Willingness to work irregular hours in periods of emergency and heavy work load.
- Thorough working knowledge of sound practices and procedures to ensure the health and safety of personnel and others.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or combination of education and experience equal to minimum requirements.
Experience in Engineering-related disciplines.
Must possess a valid D2 Water Distribution and T2 Treatment certificate, or the ability to acquire same within a 3 consecutive testing opportunities time period from appointment.
Must have knowledge of cross-connection control procedures.
This position requires possession and maintenance of a valid California driver’s license. Must be insurable as a driver by company's insurance carrier at all times.