Position Objective: Construct and manage a direct sales team that is focused on acquiring B2B agricultural accounts. Lead sales team to achieve targeted sales quotas mandated by Management.
Essential Functions of the job:
- ·Meet or exceed sales quotas by generating new sales alongside renewals for existing clients. Actively approach targeted business clients (telephone, email, social networks, events, etc.)
- ·Identify opportunities for growth within your territory, search for new customer leads.
- ·Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity to build and adapt appropriate sales strategy relevant to your territory.
- ·Conduct market research analysis, create sales strategies for direct sales team.
- ·Travel throughout territory as needed
- ·Provide full and accurate visibility into your sales pipeline through a CRM software
- ·Monitor sales metrics on a weekly basis
- ·Manage relationships with existing customers.
- ·Monitor all follow up calls to prospects.
- ·Identify any new business opportunities.
- ·Minimum three years of B2B agricultural sales experience with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales quotas
- ·BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, sales, business administration or agriculture
- ·Have a methodical approach to solution-selling
- ·Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with our clients
- ·Knowledge of CRM software and MS Office
- ·Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- ·Organized and process driven
- ·Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- ·Valid driver’s license with no DUIs
- ·The ability to work independently while simultaneously creating a team environment.
- ·Presentation Skills including excellent written and oral presentations.
- ·Strong client relationships focused emphasizing excellence
- ·Creativity in problem solving, planning and motivation for new business development
Education, Experience, Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred.
- At least five (5) years of industry sales experience.
- Five years plus of management experience.
- Strategic leadership ability.