Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the VP of Operations is responsible for ensuring effectiveness and efficiency in day-to-day operations to meet core company objectives.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organizations operations division.
- Lead and inspire a talented management team, enabling high performance and removing obstacles to attainment of their objectives.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organizations goals and objectives.
- Works with product teams to identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Ensures all procedures are executed in accordance with the documentation of that procedure.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the departments budget.
- Presents regular performance reports and metrics to the Chief Operating Officer and the Executive team.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proven track record as a team leader with an understanding of management practices
- Demonstrated project and budget management skills
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
- Analytical problem-solving skills with an impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and build a consensus in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- 5-10 years supervisory experience in operations management
- Multi-team management experience
- Previous P&L responsibility preferred
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Great company culture