Manager, Facilities Operations
Full Time Management
Bakersfield, CA, US
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Manager, Facilities Operations who:
Is responsible for directing facilities and maintenance operations of Hospital building(s) and property. The Manager is also responsible for landscape and grounds. This position manages the preventative maintenance, proactive repair, and reactive maintenance issues as they occur using skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management personnel. The Manager of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Manager will oversee construction work.
Essential Functions Directs preventative maintenance proactive & reactive repair maintenance issues using skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical.
- Directs grounds, landscape and maintenance operations to ensure a safe and attractive environment.
- Oversees maintenance of property infrastructure, e.g., building, roofing, parking lot.
- Manages renovations and/or constructions projects.
- Manages regulatory preparation, physical plant troubleshooting and project management.
- Oversees equipment and systems replacement or upgrades. Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests. Ensures building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects.
- Provides direction and oversight for the development and implementation of an overall emergency management strategy.
- Acts as a liaison between the Hospital and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code compliance.
- Provides and applies practical knowledge regarding building maintenance, e.g., operation of steam distribution systems, air conditioning and heating systems, building automatic control systems, water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer operations, piped medical gases, electrical distribution and central utility plants for steam and chilled water. Works with construction or design teams if needed.
- Manages all tradespersons, managers, supervisors and employees of the Facilities Department. Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures. Develops recommendations for the DM and unit liaison concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures.
- Communicates with administration and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures.
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations.
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets, which may include energy savings program. Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports.
- Manages and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory and governing agencies.
- Monitors work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees. Responsible for in-house fire response team and safety committee.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Knowledge and Skills:Thorough knowledge of facilities management, maintenance, and construction. Thorough knowledge of HVAC, utilities and piped gas systems. Computer literate with excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communications. Knowledge of all applicable industry specific regulatory standards and governing agencies, e.g., OSHA, EPA, DCBC, NFPA, JCAHO.
- Education: Four (4) year degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience in skilled trades.
Licensure/Certification: None required.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience in facilities management including custodial operations, grounds and landscape operations and maintenance, engineering, maintenance, construction experience with related continuous education courses. Working knowledge of HVAC, utilities and piped gas systems. Computer literate with excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communications. Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
TO APPLY: CLICK LINK AND LOAD RESUME HERE:
Facilities Operations Manager - Pinnacle Recruitment Services (loxo.co)