The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) supports designated client group leaders and employees in all phases of the talent lifecycle, in accordance with company policies and procedures. As a strategic partner, the HRBP serves as a consultant to management on Human Resources related issues.
A successful HRBP will act as employee champion and change agent. The HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and senior management, the HR Business Partner seeks to develop integrated solutions and leads execution for major projects. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
Human Resource Business Partnership:
- Consult with management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies;
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Collaborate with legal department as needed/required.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Advocate and practice a safe and organized work environment.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
- Participate in the development, facilitation, evaluation and monitoring of success of leadership and skills training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
Human Resource Administration:
- Prepare, maintain and audit data for regular and temporary employees.
- Monitor salary and benefit competitiveness to continually attract and retain talent in the organization.
- Prepare and analyze system management reports.
- Resolve or refer to HR Services, employee payroll and benefit questions and issues.
- Ensure compliance with policies, employment laws and effective employment practices.
- Review and recommend policies and procedures in compliance with employment laws.
- Ensure regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to affect improved department deliverables.
- Champion continual process improvement.
Selection and Hiring:
- Support and track the requisition and job description process.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to design employment recruiting initiatives that attract the best talent with desirable experience and culture fit.
- Pre-qualify and interview top quality candidates for presentation to hiring manager as needed.
- Coach hiring managers on business and behavioral interviewing skills.
- Monitor on-boarding process to ensure new employees are equipped with tools and training needed for success
- Ensure effective training programs for all new employees.
- Champion a performance-driven process where expectations and key measurements improve organizational talent to achieve business plans.
- Provide leadership development and best practices to strengthen skills of our business leaders.
- Coach Managers on communication of employee expectations and evaluation of deliverables.
- Support efforts to document and change poor performance in compliance with employment laws and progressive discipline policies and practices.
- Assist in the development of training plans that link job performance to the organization’s objectives and strategies.
- Implement best practices to retain key talent.
- Coach leaders’ on employee engagement by recognizing service and exceptional performance.
- Support leaders’ efforts to identify future leaders and provide career development plans.
- Lead project life cycles, bringing together and optimizing the resources necessary to successfully meet established goals within cost, schedule, and quality objectives.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of HR projects from initiation through successful delivery.
- Identify project management coordination gaps or areas of improvement, recommend and implement solutions.
Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a job-related major and 3-5 years of HR Generalist or HR Management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A solid understanding and knowledge of employment laws, employee relations, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, diversity programs, payroll, benefits and practical application is required.
- SPHR or PHR certification is desirable.
- Relevant industry experience and HRIS system knowledge is a plus.
- Strong consulting and coaching skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Proven business acumen.
- Project management capabilities.
- Experience working with pc-based applications including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Dependent upon assignment, applicants may be required to pass an extensive background investigation, and be fingerprinted. Disqualification for felony, misdemeanor, and traffic offenses will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.