ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts accident investigations and reviews incidents reported by employees and visitors to the facility and works to mitigate future risk. Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Coordinates and maintains safety documentation including recordkeeping, OSHA forms, and safety-related company policies. Utilizes electronic systems to maintain safety documentation.
- Manages various safety programs such as ATD and BBP, including training plan, and ensuring accurate recordkeeping.
- Conducts incident investigations, tracks major issues or trends and collaborates on program improvements to address these issues.
- Manages internal respirator program by staying up to date with all required compliance, and supporting a smooth workflow for the program.
- Processes worker’s compensation claims, ensures efficient and smooth return to work process, and coordinates with management and human resources on light duty accommodations.
- Develops and manages hearing conservation program; arranges annual audiometric testing and reviews results. Provides recommendations to management and implements policies to support hearing conservation.
- Implements and maintains a process for notification of incidents; serves as main contact person for injuries and ensures supervisor or manager works with employee to submit initial documentation.
- Conducts spot checks for employees in the field to ensure safety practices are being followed and provides coaching as appropriate. Ensures employees have a thorough understanding of how to maintain a safe work environment.
- Champions COVID-19 program including contacting employees, contact tracing, and worker’s compensation process.
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards. Presents training for new hires for critical safety areas as identified by management; includes areas such as safe lifting and other common safety concerns.
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality, security and need-to-know standards.
- Drafts and implements internal safety standards and policies.
- Remains up to date on changes from OSHA, Cal-OSHA, and industry-specific safety standards; works to ensure company compliance.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
- Associate’s Degree in related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of experience supporting a safety program preferred.
- Ability to conduct training, both in-person and virtual.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to put people at ease and to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to work well as a team. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.