Our Client is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Accounts Payable Clerk, who has the ability to problem-solve and work independently, as well as work with others.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Proper and accurate posting of all accounts payable invoices.
- Preparation of checks to pay the invoices.
- Responsible for coding the invoices to the correct General Ledger account.
- Ensure the accuracy of the invoices by extending and calculating line items.
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices to take advantage of discounts.
- The mailing of all accounts payable checks.
- Resolve all inquiries concerning the accounts payable.
- Preparation of all payable reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Scanning of checks and paid invoices.
- Filing of check copies with the paid invoices.
- Matching of invoices with receivers to verify receipt of material or supplies.
- Set up new vendors in the Accounts Payable database.
- Preparation of the Accounts Payable aging report.
- Preparation of the weekly Accounts Payable cash requirements.
- Education - Required: High School Diploma or equivalent. Preferred: Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent training. Computer training desirable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Experience - Three to five years experience in a mid to large sized business with FLC Accounts Payables responsibility. Must be computer literate and be familiar with the basic office software
- Skill, Knowledge and Abilities - Analytical and mathematical skills as related to business practices and procedures in general use. Ability to provide accurate Accounts Payable reports and aging in a timely manner.