Environmental Specialist, Regulatory Affairs
Under the general direction of the HSE Manager, the Environmental Specialist is responsible for environmental compliance and technical support for the company’s oil and gas production activities. The position will actively work with the regulatory team, field personnel, regulatory agencies, and other departments to ensure compliance with associated regulations for upstream oil and natural gas production. This position will support all operations throughout the continental United Sates.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- ·Ensure that facilities comply with the environmental rules and regulations of the EPA, state and local agencies
- ·Lead person to prepare, maintain and train Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP) requirements, Spill Prevention, Control and Counter (SPCC) measure plans requirements and Pipeline Management Plans (PMP)
- ·Responsible for spill emergency preparedness regulatory compliance including maintaining EPA Facility Response Plans (FRP), DOGGR Spill Contingency Plans, OSPR Contingency Plans including required drills/exercises, spill response, and exemption requests
- ·Lead person for Assembly Bill 1960 environmental compliance, coordinate, schedule, document and record keeping per program requirements
- ·Lead person for company’s Waste Management program, EPA ID, waste streams, profiles, manifesting, transporting, disposal, reporting etc.
- ·Reporting storm water and Waste Water Discharges (WDRs), compliance, record keeping, and reporting
- ·Coordinate all monitoring and recordkeeping related to environmental compliance
- ·Conduct environmental compliance audits
- ·Respond to environmental emergencies
- ·Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by HSE Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, engineering or science
- At least five (5) years of oil and gas experience (other industry experience may be considered)
- Must have previous regulatory experience with agencies such as OSPR, CUPAs, Central Valley Water Board, EPA, State Water Resources Control Board.
- Extensive knowledge and experience regarding environmental requirements
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and clear and concise verbal communication skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to readily identify key issues and risks and develop strategies or recommendations for improvement
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Must be able to work as team member/leader with people of differing backgrounds and experience levels
- Excellent computer use skills required
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 25% of the time