Under the specific direction of the Environmental Manager, the Environmental Staff Technician performs varied duties for the Environmental Team. In addition, the person hired will provide support to Environmental Manager and his designee in generating reports, maintaining records, and other duties as required. The position will actively work with field personnel, engineers, regulatory agencies, and other departments to assist in regulatory compliance, and implement daily inspections of equipment at company’s leases to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Conduct daily inspection of assigned leases to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations relevant to oil and gas operations
- Under the general direction of the Environmental Manager or his designee, help prepare Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP)
- Help the Environmental Manager or his designee in preparing Spill Prevention, Control and Counter (SPCC) measure plans documentation
- Coordinate and assist all regulatory agency inspections concerning environmental matters
- Maintain all permits, inspection reports, documentation and recordkeeping related to environmental compliance
- Coordinate with consultants and internal staff to obtain necessary information required for compliance reports
- Perform related duties as assigned by HSE Manager
- Must possess an Associate degree minimum in environmental science, biology, or related field. Solid job-related work experience may be substituted for the degree.
- At least two (2) years of oil and gas experience (other selected industry experience or completion of HSE related courses will be considered in lieu of experience)
- Knowledge of environmental and safety programs
- Knowledge and experience regarding environmental permitting requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Must be able to work as team member with people of differing backgrounds and experience levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer use skills required
- Must be able to make trips to company’s sites at various locations
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and State automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout.
- Completion of a substance abuse screening upon offer of employment.
TO APPLY, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE LINK BELOW: