Fundamental Objectives: Under the general direction of upper level management, the Executive Assistant is responsible for managing a department, administrative duties and reporting to executives.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Coordinates schedules, travel itineraries, correspondence, answering phones, taking messages.
- Updates and keeps current relevant company information
- Prepare reports, memos, correspondence, analyses and documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
- Read incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes
- Answer phones, greet, and interact with external individuals and vendors
- This position is responsible for all data entry into the Compliance Database; this includes but is not limited to, implementation, data input, updates, maintenance, scheduling, and reporting
- This position coordinates meetings with executives in the company and will work with other administrative staff to do so
- This position will be assigned regular special projects that may require Excel and Microsoft Word skill sets and may also help in more complex permitting projects
- Responsible for coding invoices in an error free manner
- Initiate and/ or maintain contact with company personnel and at times vendors regarding invoice clarification
- Track company-wide external spending on regulatory compliance and permitting costs in an order excel file
- Track/input company-wide regulatory infractions and settlements in excel or database system
- Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; and making adjustments to plans
- File and maintain corporate documents, records, and reports
- Prepare executives for all internal and external meetings
- Support other Administrative Assistants with day-to-day administrative help and general office duties as needed including but not limited to ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work
- Attend meetings to record minutes
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Support other members of team
- A.A. degree in Business Administration or related field. Additional experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Three (3) to four (4) years as an Administrative Assistant
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industries preferred
- Regulatory experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication; bias to use verbally communicate (versus email)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
- Strong MS Word processing and Excel spreadsheet software skills
- Able to locate regulatory information on the internet.
- Utilize computer, computer equipment, and other standard business machines effectively
- Ability to execute proper telephone procedures
- Proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling in business letter writing and report preparation
- Good organizational methods and procedures
- Methods and techniques of record keeping and records management
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to comprehend instructions as given by the supervisor as well as being able to work independently in the absence of the supervisor
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, State automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout.
- Completion of a substance abuse screening upon offer of employment.