A high school diploma or GED is required. Must have a valid driver’s license. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English, with good math skills. Four years of experience as an I&C technician and/or Electrician in a power plant environment, preferably with a strong electrical background up to and including voltages to 15 KV to provide the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical equipment, electronics, schematics, basics of chemistry and physics, and controls and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices associated with a power plant environment.
- Demonstrated ability to calibrate I&C systems and equipment, including analytic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to configure and operate various test instruments and equipment as necessary to troubleshoot and repair plant equipment including, but not limited to; distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, motor control centers, transformers, generators, and continuous emissions monitor (CEM) systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate work activities with other team members on technical subjects across job families.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts as required
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to: climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste and smell. Frequently the employee is required to, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear.
The employee in this classification will be required to occasionally lift objects of up to 50 pounds in weight. The employee will be required to frequently lift objects up to 10 pounds in weight and carry up to 35 pounds occasionally. In addition, the employee will push or pull up to 70 pounds in weight occasionally.
Vision requirements for this position include close, distance, color and peripheral vision along with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee performs job duties in a power plant environment. In the course of working at the plant site, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and routinely works near moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud at the plant site.