This growing company is looking for a dynamic and detail orientated payroll / HR technician to add to their team. This is a direct hire role available immediately. The company offers great benefits, a casual and friendly environment, and advancement opportunities within the family of companies.
The Payroll/Human Resources Specialist is a key member of a front office team and works directly with the Vice-President and Risk Manager to receive and process employee time clock transactions time off requests, and other time sensitive business correspondence. The Payroll / HR Specialist also serves as one of the key gatekeepers because of their direct involvement in hiring, screening, on-boarding, and separating job applicants and employee. He or she must operate under strict confidentiality and embody our commitment to a great place to work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Verify and match procurement invoices and reconcile information discrepancies.
• Reviews Daily time clock employee transactions reconciles employee time clock discrepancies, and compiles time clock data for bi-weekly payroll.
• Transact verification of employment requests, and employee expense reimbursements and verifies employee attendance every pay-period to support accurate client billing.
• Manually enters all new employees into the biometric time clock by rolling new hire’s fingerprint into the system.
• Enters changes in wages and employee benefits, and time and attendance requirements into the payroll services systems.
• Provide and compile data and written records for disciplinary deliberations, voluntary or involuntary separations, employee performance management and time and attendance.
• Ability to provide and conduct HR employee transactions for payroll and benefits documents including on boarding and enrollment, separation, and changes or modifications of employees’ work status.
• Accurately complete all mandated state, and federal new hire forms, and route to appropriate documents to other departments.
• Verifies and validates employee paid time off (PTO) requests, monitors, calculate and toll statutorily protected employee time off work e.g., FMLA, PDL etc.
• Accurately electronically and manually files payroll and HR records Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets Agency personnel information needs.
• Attends, as necessary, committees, staff meetings, and special projects to provide human resource management expertise.
• Prepares, maintains, audits, and ensure accurate recording keeping for all payroll and human resource records in compliance with state and federal law and company policy and procedures.
• Knowledge of payroll/human resources record management systems, applicable protected leave forms for CFRA, FMLA, California Pregnancy Leave, and workers compensation. forms and payroll, human resources workflow, office procedures and terminology.
• Maintain knowledge of all federal, state, and local and laws/ rules affecting payroll processing, and workforce management while educating employees about compliance and record keeping.
• Ability to use or learn complex payroll software, Microsoft Windows, and Office 365 Exchange. applications including Excel, Word, and Access.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
• Can operate a desktop computer with payroll/human resources software to input, store, and analyze information.
• Knowledge of business related arithmetic and its application to payroll processing and tolling time off for employees on statutorily protected leave such as FMLA, CFRA etc.
• Knowledge of basic benefits management commonly used by small employers specific to health and retirement.
• Ability to professionally speak to others to convey information effectively.
• Use logic and reasoning to formulate to make decisions.
• Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce positive outcomes.
Essential Position Requirements:
• Must be able to read and write.
• Can add/subtract/divide and multiply.
• Strong time management skills to meet deadlines balanced with a strong attention to detail and quality.
• Proper telephone etiquette and ability to operate telephone equipment for communication purposes.
• Ability to use a computer and applicable software for data entry and to generate office correspondence including e-mail.
• Enter data daily into the payroll System.
• Dependable and punctual.
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: https://loxo.co/job/186701