This is a direct hire opportunity with a large, established oil and gas company based in Kern County, CA. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to expand their skill set into other area of engineering as they are interested. This organization has a relaxed company culture with an emphasis on hiring talented individuals and allowing them to do what they do best. If you have been looking for a team where your input is valued and you are a highly visible employee, this is an organization that offers that type of environment.
Fundamental Objectives: Under the general direction of the Director of Engineering the Production Engineer is responsible for maximizing production while maximizing profitability of oil and gas properties through assessing the associated costs and estimating the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells while helping to plan for future development opportunities.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- ·Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, in order to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
- ·Liaising with geologists in interpreting well logs in order to assess the amount and quality of oil, the depth at which resources lie, and the equipment needed to properly extract them.
- ·Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, and well surveys.
- ·Coordinate pump system selection, design, and testing.
- ·Production Surveillance.
- ·Monitor production trends and design stimulation programs in order to maximize the oil recovery.
- ·Plan work over to increase the production trend.
- ·Determine reservoir performance for different recovery techniques using decline curve analysis and various other models.
- ·Provide technical support to operations.
- ·Write technical reports for engineering and management personnel.
- ·Assist in and supervise production forecasts and economic analysis.
- ·Assist in project development and reserves assessment
- ·Perform routine surveillance of wells and steamflood patterns
- ·Identify and develop new well locations and well workovers
- ·Monitor and analyze lease operating expenses
- ·Deliver presentations and effectively communicate with field personnel and management
- ·Interact with regulatory agencies (DOGGR, KC Planning)
- ·Performs other related duties as assigned by the Division Vice President.
- ·BS Engineering degree required, preferably Petroleum, Chemical, or Mechanical
- ·Proven production operations experience of at least 5 years with hands on experience working as a operations and or production engineer
- ·Strong communication skills and aptitude for working in a team environment
- ·Experience with regulatory reporting and permitting procedures desired
- ·Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- ·Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- ·Skilled in the use of computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Builder Master)
- ·Ability to be self-directed and establish priorities to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- ·Willing to aid in the development of lesser experienced engineers
- ·Ability to execute proper telephone procedures
- ·Ability to comprehend instructions as given by the supervisor
- ·Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- ·Utilize computer equipment and other standard business machines effectively
- ·Extensive knowledge of Peep or PHD win or other economic software.
- ·Experience with monitoring software like DSS or OFM or similar software