The Purchasing Analyst is responsible for the timely purchase and delivery of material and service requirements requisitioned by field and management personnel, accurate accounting of company assets, maintaining an ethical business relationship with the vendor community, and ensuring the compliance of purchasing policies and procedures.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Prepare purchase orders and solicit bid proposals
- Receive and process requests for goods and services
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service support, availability, reliability, production & distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Confer with staff, end users, and vendors to discuss defective and/or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Utilize approved vendors and monitor that field personnel are using approved vendors (vendor compliance).
- Review Material Transfers for processing.
- Update inventory system with all receipts and issues for stock items.
- Code and price material transfer.
- Reconcile inventory records against financial system
- Participate in and reconcile physical inventories.
- Review invoices for which PO’s were issued.
- Maintain AFE process for assigned area.
- Assist the accounting department with problem vendor issues.
- Assist Purchasing Supervisor in administration of unrelated and related purchasing tasks as requested.
- Assume responsibilities of the Purchasing Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Purchasing Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited college with an AA degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Years of progressive purchasing and inventory experience for Analysts I,II, and III is as follows:
- Five (5) to ten (10) years
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industry preferred.
- Must have a good understanding of the oil field operations, drilling and production.
- Must have knowledge of drilling and production material.
- Must know MS Word and Excel.
- Utilize computer equipment and other standard business machines effectively
- Ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines
- Maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to execute proper telephone procedures
- Ability to comprehend instructions as given by the supervisor as well as being able to work independently in the absence of the supervisor