Reports directly to an Operations Director, Our purchasing clerks support our business and purchasing activities by ordering supplies and materials, providing administrative support and maintaining inventory and purchase records throughout the procurement process.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Gather pricing information on products
- Place purchase orders with vendors
- Review purchase confirmations; reconcile discrepancies with vendors
- Assist warehouse personnel in managing effective inventory levels
- Co-ordinate the tracking and logistics of orders with the vendors. Able to track and expedite required parts and supplies as needed.
- Purchasing clerks receive orders from other departments. They process those orders and schedule deliveries for supplies, materials, equipment and services.
- Ensure company inventory is maintained in accordance to company policies and usage.
- Keep records and create reports regarding supply costs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED is required for purchasing clerks.
- At least a year or two experience in a purchasing role
- This person needs to be very detail oriented.
- Good computer skills are required because a large majority of the work is done using spreadsheets, accounting and purchasing software.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- An Associate degree in business or accounting preferred.
- A track record of continuously finding ways to reduce overall costs by investigating new suppliers and contractors on a regular basis.