Fundamental Objectives: Under the general direction of the Division Vice President, the Senior Geologist is responsible for
maximizing both production and profitability of oil and gas properties through the application of sound geosciences, which
includes but is not limited to surface and subsurface mapping, the review and analysis of well logs, the identification of workover
and recompletion candidates, and the proposal of drilling locations.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, in order to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites
- Work collaboratively with Geologists and Engineers in interpreting well logs in order to assess the type, amount, and quality of hydrocarbons present in a reservoir, identify the depths at which the resources occur, and determine the equipment needed to optimally extract them
- Advise on the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, and well surveys
- Analyze and interpret well data and other geological information
- Make geological formation and fault picks from well logs
- Construct geological cross-sections, geological structure maps, and geological isopach maps
- Make comprehensive geological interpretations within the employee’s assigned areas
- Assemble the data required for geological studies
- Integrate geological data through characterizations of subsurface reservoirs
- Design well logging programs and oversee well logging operations
- Provide technical support to engineering and operations
- Write technical reports for geologic and management personnel
- Responsible for mentoring Geologists
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President
- B.A. / B.S. Degree in Geology from an accredited college or university. M.S. Degree is preferred.
- Ten (10) years experience in the petroleum exploration and production business or five (5) years experience with a M.A/M.S. degree.
- Experience should be broad and include projects with both structural and stratigraphic problems requiring a strong working knowledge of sequence stratigraphic concepts, depositional environments, fault and fold mapping, and petrophysical analysis.
- Geological workstation experience required; working knowledge of Seismic Microtechnology (IHS) is a plus.
- Experience or knowledge of producing trends in the state and basins in which work is to be performed.
- Familiarity with seismic interpretation utilizing SMT Kingdom or equivalent software is a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must understand the role of the geologist in relation to other disciplines and be able to anticipate the work products managers, engineers, and operations may need to accomplish company projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Skilled in the use of computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Builder Master) and other standard business machines.
- Ability to be self-directed and establish priorities to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to aid in the development of less experienced geologists.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: