Our client is a well established leader in the oil and gas industry offering a casual work environment, flexibility in work life balance, great benefits, and room to grow. Located in the heart of Bakersfield with no travel and very little overtime, this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door for a long term stable employment relationship. Reporting directly to the CFO, this positions offers enrichment in career through mentoring and professional growth. Ideal candidates will be self starters, have an Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, and have a willingness to learn all facets of the accounting department acting as the right hand to the CFO in a small but busy accounting department.
Outline of job duties:
- Assistance with Accounts Payable and Receivable from data entry to account reconciliation.
- Month end assistance including auditing accounts for accuracy, journal entries, and general reconcilation
- Tax preparation assistance including: sales and use tax, property tax, year end account reconciliations, 1099 processing, and payroll tax processing
- Some light administrative duties to assist CFO in daily accounting functions
- Inventory management assistance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
- Candidates coming out of public accounting preferred.
- A minimum of three year's of experience in accounting
- The ability to work independently and with little supervision